Tuesday, December 16, 2014

December 15, 2014: Site Update

Beacon Rock and Old Utility Pole from New TrailHCRH State Trail. September 15, 2013Copyright © 2014 A. F. Litt , All Rights Reserved

Work continues repairing photo links and reorganizing the site into sub-pages. It is slow going, but I am getting to write a little here and there, explaining a bit better a few things and telling the story of the road a bit better than before. Still mostly photos and quotes, the real story telling will come much later in this process...

Unfortunately, this repair job is a much bigger one than I'd originally guessed. I am already almost a month into this task, and while a lot has been done, there's still a lot of work left to be done.  Unfortunately, before it's done, I'll need to move on from full time work here...  Tomorrow (well, later today, at this point in the evening), I am going to put in one last full day push towards completion.  After that, I'll be trying to finish one or two sections per day until it is done.  Hopefully, it won't take too long, because as I've moved through the site, I've realized how much new content I have to put up, how many gaps need to be filled with material sitting ready and waiting to be posted, and I look forward to adding new material instead of cleaning up and fixing the old stuff.

Over the last year, sometimes it's felt like I haven't done much here, and from time to time I've even considered moving on, but seeing that it is taking a month just to fix the pictures here, coupled with all the time spent out in the field taking the pictures, well...  This repair job has reminded me just how much time I've invested in this project so far.  While there's still a long ways to go, still a lot to be done, seeing what has been completed already has renewed my spirit and has me fired up to see this project through to the end.

Special note for the blog:
Well, with all the repair work being done to the website, I haven't been able to add much content here for quite awhile.  But that should change soon enough, once I start adding new content to the website.  Also, I do need to spend some time cleaning up the tags here, and fixing the same broken photo links that devastated the main site...  The same damage was done here as there.

Unfortunately, cleaning up old posts is not going to be a main priority for a bit.  So, while I hope to fix the photo links on the old posts eventually, for the most part I'd rather just bury them deep under a ton of new posts!  But I'll get to them, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment